- Hex Flash Software
You may also like: VF-Engineering E9x M3 Oil cooler
BMW E90/E92/E93 2008-2013 M3 Supercharger System
VF-Engineering chose to supercharge the BMW E92 M3 to add to already superior throttle response and give wild mid-to-top end power (sport mode) with the centrifugal Vortech Si trim supercharger. Maintaining the original BMW quality, smoothness and reliability were the key factors in the VF design. This is where the VF software comes into full play. VF have harnessed reliability of Vortech superchargers and quality of VF custom software with their 15 years of supercharging experience to create the ultimate supercharger system for the ultimate driver’s car.
The VF-Engineering M3 supercharger for the BMW E90/92/93 S65 engine is a fully upgrade-able water cooled supercharger system. Designed to provide the most consistent charge temperatures under aggressive driving, the VF water intercooler system has a greater propensity to dissipate heat energy out of the air charge than an air intercooler.
VF use state of the art production manufacturing processes to create the highest quality supercharger kit on the market. A supercharger system designed with 3 stages of power, each stage up-gradable to the next, this piece of kit is for quality discerning enthusiasts only.
Based upon the Vortech V3 Si-trim Super Quiet unit, this unit is capable of supporting over 700hp. The centrifugal supercharger compressor maps ideally match the 8000 rpm revving S65 BMW Motorsport engine giving it a new meaning to high performance.
CNC Machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum the supercharger mounting bracket is a triangulated to the engine block in addition to a Chrome Moly brace and grade 10.8 high tensile hardware. The factory belt tensioner is upgraded and the supercharger driven off an OEM quality multi-rib seperpentine belt. The factory plastic intake manifold is replaced with a VF cast aluminum plenum designed to channel the air from the supercharger to the 8 independent M3 throttle bodies. The VF plenum is designed to be upgraded with a slide-in high strength bar and plate heat exchanger for the upper 2 power level kits. The heat exchanger cools the intake air charge with isolated cold water circulating through it from a custom molded water reservoir, an OEM front mount radiator and water pump.
The high displacement bypass valve recirculates air charge off throttle to minimize manifold pressure instantly. The bypass valve is mounted on a universal flange allowing you to opt for a blow off valve. The injectors are upgraded with high capacity Bosch EV14 high impedance quick response fuel injectors and are calibrated by re-tuned software flashed into the ECU through the OBD2 port. Each power level is tuned with a specific custom calibrated software version.
M3 Tuning software is programmed into your ECU using VF’s “Hex-Flash” programming cable. You can program your ECU within minutes yourself through the OBD2 connector on your dashboard. This tool also allows you to read and clear ecu codes.
Optional software features include:
- RPM limiter. On request we can provide a higher rev limiter software file.
- Cold start. Cold start loud start can be switched off upon request.
- Performance Exhaust. High performance exhaust compatible tune option upon request.
- Independence. You may re-install your stock program at any time at your convenience. You may also program upgraded custom race gas files (available optionally from VF).
- Valet mode/Immobilizer. If you are going to leave the car unused for a long period, you may wish to program our optional Valet Mode file or Anti-theft file.
Available to order from VF-Engineering directly or a distributor.
- Vortech V3 Si-Trim supercharger
- VF Hex Flash update to latest BMW software version
- Cast intake manifold
- Air water charge cooler system (optional)
- Polypropylene water reservoir
- OEM high density water radiator
- Bosch water pump
- Bosch EV14 fuel injectors
- Set of new OEM spark plugs
- Greddy Type-R bypass valve
- Hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum bracket
- Chrome-moly support bracket
- OEM serpentine belt and tensioner
- Cast aluminum intake
- K&N induction filter with air box
- Hex Flash ECU tuning programming cable
- Install time 8/14 hours
- Made in California, USA.
Disclaimer- This product is not compliant with the California Air Resource Board and not for use on public roads in California. This applies to any aftermarket product that does not display a CARB EO#. Power ratings are subject to conditions and dynamometer model used. Upgraded rod bearings are highly recommended for the VF620 and VF650. Spark plugs must be replaced every 7500 miles when under aggressive use. High octane must be used for track use.